Another emergency vet trip

Friday night, I was almost asleep when my daughter yelled down the stairs that Molly ate ibuprofen. We had her out the door and into the car after I called the vet. She was at the vet with vomiting induced within fifteen minutes. The vet couldn’t find any of the tablets, so Molly got a two night stay at the emergency vet.

The next morning, the vet called. Molly was good except for a slightly elevated liver test. They’ll test again at night. Kidneys are great so far. And, big surprise, she ate the activated charcoal with no problem. We have to bring the prescription over before dinner. They want us to visit.

We tracked down her prescription and brought it over and visited a while.

She smoked us out with some stinky gas. Worse than usual. They brought her back in after about an hour.

The vet called with an update. She’s got a little diarrhea and regurgitation, but is busy jumping on all the staff and has horribly stinky gas. We should be able to bring her home Sunday evening.

Sunday morning, the vet called again. Liver and kidney numbers are great. She is eating everything she can and the diarrhea is gone. She can come home after her next blood work at midnight. Then more blood work at the regular vet next week. So. We’re hopeful, but still nervous.

One thought on “Another emergency vet trip

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s